We Players presents site-integrated performance events that transform public spaces into realms of participatory theater. They bring communities together, reclaiming local spaces for public discourse and civic celebration through art. Extending the transformative powers of performance beyond the stage, they invite collaborators and audiences to engage fully and awaken to the spectacular world around them.
We Players is a Bay Area-based arts nonprofit that was founded in 2000 at Stanford University by Ava Roy, and has been managed by Ava Roy and Lauren Dietrich Chavez since 2009. They create immersive artistic experiences that raise awareness of immediate physical environments and strengthen the understanding of and relationship with project sites and related environmental, social, and political issues. All of their programs are site-integrated and intrinsically interactive.
The company’s site-integrated focus and commitment to engage with history and ecology, build community, and use art to foster a personal connection with place has led to unprecedented partnerships with the National Park Service and California State Parks. We Players produces a variety of performance and community engagement programs that are accessible to the diverse population of regular park visitors, and also draw local visitors to park sites specifically to experience their work.
- THU, OCT 6TH 2016, 5 P.M. | Romeo & Juliet
- FRI, OCT 7TH 2016, 5 P.M. | Romeo & Juliet
- SUN, OCT 9TH 2016, NOON and 5 P.M.| Romeo & Juliet
- MON, OCT 10TH 2016, 9:30 A.M. and 11:30 A.M.| Romeo and Juliet
- TUE, OCT 11TH 2016, 9:30 A.M. and 11:30 A.M.| Romeo and Juliet
- THU, OCT 13TH 2016, 5 P.M. | Romeo & Juliet
- SUN, OCT 16TH 2016, NOON and 5 P.M.| Romeo & Juliet