Students will learn how actors prepare for the stage and beyond in this intensive study of the craft of acting!
The Actor's Toolbox is designed to urge young artists to think creatively, stretch their imaginations, and expand their comfort zones. Self-exploration and practice outside of camp hours are encouraged to hone and perfect the skills learned throughout the week.
Depending on the class size and age demographics, sample class curriculum is as follows:
Core techniques taught daily:
- Movement for the stage
- Scene Study (contemporary)
- Voice: Projection, Pitch & Character
Special Skills Classes:
- Stage Combat (without props)
- Stage Combat (with props)
- Actor Factor: Professional Tools (resume, bios, headshots, etc)
- Classical Text: Commedia dell Arte
- Mask, Movement & Story.
- A Life In The Theatre: Skills and potential jobs in acting, teaching and technical theatre
Although this class is process-driven, there will be a culminating presentation. Students will select pieces from their class work to share with an audience of peers and family at the end of the week.
For more information, call the Box Office at 408-961-5858 10am-4pm Monday-Friday.