This page will be updated with the latest information around how health guidelines and COVID-19 are affecting Montalvo's programs.
PARK STATUS DURING SHELTER IN PLACE
Santa Clara County Parks including Montalvo are open during normal daytime hours (8am-7pm, Monday-Thursday; 9am-5pm, Friday-Sunday).
Please check this page or visit the County Website for updated information about the park status.
Please abide by the social distancing rule of keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and other parties at all times. Face coverings are required for non-strenuous activity. Avoid coming to Montalvo if you if sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath). Social gatherings are not permitted - including picnics - but please do visit Montalvo to walk around the property and hike our beautiful trails.
NOTE: PUBLIC RESTROOMS AT MONTALVO ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Please drive slowly through the estate, as we have many visitors walking the grounds including children, the elderly, and deer. Click here to download a PDF map of the property and trails.
CARRIAGE HOUSE CONCERTS
Performances in the Carriage House Theatre are currently scheduled to resume in December 2020. We will be offering a contact-free experience to minimize your interaction with our staff and other guests. This includes no contact with tickets, door handles, or restroom handwashing stations.
All performances are subject to changes based on national, state, county, and city health orders. These changes may include:
- Crowd Size & Social Distancing Requirements. Mandates may require us to make changes to the number of people allowed in the theatre or the seating arrangements. Please be aware that if you have tickets, this could impact your seat location.
- Event Cancelation. We may be forced to cancel or reschedule concerts. In the event of a cancelation or rescheduled event, you will be offered a ticket refund or the opportunity to donate your ticket price back to Montalvo. If the event is rescheduled, you will be able to transfer your ticket to the new date.
- The Bar. Our ability to offer indoor bar service may be impacted. The number of people allowed inside the bar area may also be restricted.
- Masks and Temperature Screenings. You may be required to wear a mask and/or receive a temperature check when entering our theatre or bar. Masks may also be required throughout the event, whether you are indoors or outdoors.
- Sanitation. We will provide hand sanitizer for patron use at the theater doors. The theatre seating area will be sanitized before and after each performance. We ask that you be patient with us as we try to ensure surfaces are clean for the safety of all of our visitors.
We will do our best to keep patrons updated about any additional details around all of these possible changes and mandates. The health of our patrons, our staff, and our performers is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Due to logistical challenges and uncertainty around health ordinances, we will not have Summer Luncheons in 2020. We hope for these to return in 2021.
SUNSET CINEMA DRIVE-IN MOVIES
We will be hosting a schedule of drive-in movies in 2020. These events are subject to change or cancellation, in the event of alterations to the health mandates.
- No in & out privileges. Once you have entered and parked, you must remain parked and will not be allowed to exit until the movie has ended.
- Attendees must remain in their cars at all times, except to use a restroom facility or in an emergency. Cars must be parked facing forward; no watching from truck beds allowed.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes. Restroom sinks are not currently touchless, so please use with caution. Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- Movie sound will be broadcast via FM radio transmission. Please have a car or portable radio available; we do not recommend relying on cell phone apps.
- We will not offer concessions sales. You may bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy.
- No alcohol is permitted.
Please follow all posted information and instructions from our staff and volunteers to ensure a safe and enjoyable time for everybody. See you at the movies!