This page will be updated with the latest information around how health guidelines and COVID-19 are affecting Montalvo's programs.
PARK STATUS DURING SHELTER IN PLACE
Santa Clara County Parks including Montalvo are open during normal daytime hours while the State of California's "Shelter in Place" ordinance is in effect.
Please check this page or visit the County Website for updated information about the park status.
Please abide by the social distancing rule of keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and other parties at all times. Avoid coming to Montalvo if you if sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath). Remember, the Santa Clara County Shelter-in-Place Order is still in effect so social gatherings are not permitted - including picnics. Please do visit Montalvo to walk around the property and hike our beautiful trails.
NOTE: PUBLIC RESTROOMS AT MONTALVO ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Please drive slowly through the estate, as we have many visitors walking the grounds including children, the elderly, and deer. Click here to download a PDF map of the property and trails.
SUMMER CAMPS AND COVID-19
Santa Clara County health guidelines are now allowing for small, socially-distanced summer camps to convene in person. We are excited about the opportunity to offer in-person instruction on our beautiful grounds, where kids can soak up the sunshine and enjoy plenty of fresh summer air.
- Camp attendance must have a gap of at least two weeks in between sessions. Please allow for this when registering your child (i.e., if you register for a camp from June 22-26, your child cannot return to camp until July 13). This applies not only to Montalvo camps, but to ANY camp your child may have attended in within the specified time.
- In-person enrollment is capped at 12 students per camp.
- Every camp will have a designated instructor and area complete with dedicated handwashing stations and restroom facilities.
- Campers will also be asked to wear a mask throughout the day to help ensure the health and safety of all in attendance.
With these small sizes, focused instruction, and private camp locations, we believe Montalvo summer camps will be a safe and rewarding experience this year for kids of all ages—especially after so many weeks at home!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to our Education team at email@example.com.
CARRIAGE HOUSE CONCERTS
Performances in the Carriage House Theatre are currently scheduled to resume in December 2020. We will be offering a contact-free experience to minimize your interaction with our staff and other guests. This includes no contact with tickets, door handles, or restroom handwashing stations.
All performances are subject to changes based on national, state, county, and city health orders. These changes may include:
- Crowd Size & Social Distancing Requirements. Mandates may require us to make changes to the number of people allowed in the theatre or the seating arrangements. Please be aware that if you have tickets, this could impact your seat location.
- Event Cancelation. We may be forced to cancel or reschedule concerts. In the event of a cancelation or rescheduled event, you will be offered a ticket refund or the opportunity to donate your ticket price back to Montalvo. If the event is rescheduled, you will be able to transfer your ticket to the new date.
- The Bar. Our ability to offer indoor bar service may be impacted. The number of people allowed inside the bar area may also be restricted.
- Masks and Temperature Screenings. You may be required to wear a mask and/or receive a temperature check when entering our theatre or bar. Masks may also be required throughout the event, whether you are indoors or outdoors.
- Sanitation. We will provide hand sanitizer for patron use at the theater doors. The theatre seating area will be sanitized before and after each performance. We ask that you be patient with us as we try to ensure surfaces are clean for the safety of all of our visitors.
We will do our best to keep patrons updated about any additional details around all of these possible changes and mandates. The health of our patrons, our staff, and our performers is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Due to logistical challenges and uncertainty around health ordinances, we will not have Summer Luncheons in 2020. We hope for these to return in 2021.
We will be hosting three Sunset Cinema Drive-In events in 2020. These events are subject to change or cancellation, in the event of alterations to the health mandates.
- Limited to 50 cars per movie.
- No in & out privileges. Once you have entered and parked, you must remain parked and will not be allowed to exit until the movie has ended.
- Attendees must remain in their cars at all times, except to use a restroom facility or in an emergency. Cars must be parked facing forward; no watching from truck beds allowed.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes. Restroom sinks are not currently touchless, so please use with caution. Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- Movie sound will be broadcast via radio transmission. Please have a car or portable radio available; we do not recommend relying on cell phone apps.
- We will not offer concessions sales. You may bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy.
- No alcohol is permitted.
Please follow all posted information and instructions from our staff and volunteers to ensure a safe and enjoyable time for everybody. See you at the movies!