A Conference for K-8 Educators Exploring Learning Through the Arts
Envision, Experiment, Explore
with the Santa Clara County
Office of Education and Montalvo Arts Center
- Limit: 125 K-8 Educators
- Up to 3 teachers from any one school may register for the conference.
- Priority registration for Santa Clara County educators.
Space is filling quickly -- Sign up soon!
Full and Partial Scholarships are Available!
K-8 educators are invited to participate in The Arts in Your Classroom 2008, the sixth annual professional development conference, which invites both first-time and returning participants to explore learning through the arts.
The conference draws upon the SCCOE’s Visual and Performing Arts Resource Guide* and focuses on the encouragement and growth of student voice through arts learning experiences. Workshop sessions engage educators in hands-on arts-based and arts integrated workshops that delve into the artistic processes of envisioning, experimenting, and exploring. Presenters guide reflection on connections among learning the arts and in other core content areas.
Participants in AiYC gain a fresh understanding of the importance of the arts in student development, a renewed sense of their own creativity, and an increased capacity to share the arts with students and colleagues.
Educators are invited to:
- Engage in dynamic visual and performing arts learning experiences led by master teachers and guest artists.
- Gain insight into how the arts can be central to learning and promote growth and development.
- Investigate connections among learning in the arts and in other core content areas.
- Get on board with Santa Clara County Office of Education's commitment to arts education.
- Inspire each other through collaboration and sharing of our ideas and experiences in the arts.
Special thanks to the following AiYC Conference Supporters:
Special thanks to the people and organizations who support AiYC through in-kind donations:
- Cooper-Garrod Estate Vineyards
- San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA)
- Resource Area for Teaching (RAFT)
- American Musical Theatre of San Jose
- Symphony Silicon Valley
- San Jose Repertory Theatre / Red Ladder Theatre Company
- Kitsch Couture
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- Santa Clara County Office of Education
- Montalvo Arts Center
*The Visual and Performing Arts Resource Guide, created by the SCCOE in collaboration with outstanding educators and master teachers, includes standards-based, teacher-friendly, developmentally appropriate arts lessons and curriculum links to other core subjects such as language arts and mathematics.