Saturday, March 13, 2010, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
TICKET PRICES : FREE, online registration Required
VENUE: Historic Villa
Montalvo Arts Center and the Santa Clara County Office of Education are pleased to partner once again, in presenting the eighth annual The Arts in Your Classroom professional development conference.
This year, the conference centers on Making Meaning through arts learning experiences. Workshops are designed to provide participants with a fresh perspective on making meaning through the arts and across other core subject areas. Strategies for effective arts implementation and integration in the classroom through hands-on experiences in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts will be offered. Conference sessions are taught by highly-skilled and engaging presenters, and are designed to meet the needs of teachers with diverse experience and expertise.
K-8 educators, teaching artists and parents are invited to:
- Investigate effective approaches to incorporating the arts in the classroom
- Enhance your capacity to connect learning across content areas - including dance, music, theater and visual arts - with a focus on literacy development
- Engage in arts integrated workshop that delve into the artistic process and this year’s theme of Making Meaning
- Uncover a fresh understanding of the importance of the arts in student development and creativity
- Meet and be inspired by Keynote Speaker Marcus Shelby of Marcus Shelby Jazz Orchestra
- Enjoy live performances by Santa Clara County student artists!
New participants receive a complimentary copy of the Santa Clara County Office of Education’s Visual and Performing Arts Resource Guide, developed to promote implementation of the California Visual and Performing Arts Framework and Content Standards. The guide includes an extensive collection of K-8 lessons and interdisciplinary units that address arts instructional methods and arts integration with other core subjects.
We look forward to welcoming teachers, teaching artists and other educators from your site/organization at the Montalvo Arts Center on March 13 for the Arts in Your Classroom 8: Making Meaning.
- Download a conference flyer to email or post at your school site.
- Read about Keynote Speaker Marcus Shelby, his music and his arts education experiences.
- For more information, contact Nicole Cota, Administrative Assistant, Visual and Performing Arts at the SCCOE at: Nicole_Cota@sccoe.org or 408.453.6959