Responding to the work of visual artist Charlotte Kruk featured in the Project Space Gallery exhibition Cease & Desist, Bay Area flamenco dancer Fanny Ara has choreographed an evening of flamenco and Spanish classical dance that pushes the boundaries of tradition. Fanny’s re-imagining of flamenco and the paso doble adds a cheeky and whimsical twist that strongly contradicts the inherently serious tone of these dance forms. This performance will feature live music.
This performance is co-presented by Montalvo Arts Center and The Bay Area Flamenco Partnership.
- Fanny Ara: principal dancer and artistic director
- Other dancers: Marina Elana and Melissa Cruz
- Singers: Felix de Lola and Jesus Monoya; both from Spain
- Guitarist: Jason McGuire, El Rubio
- Guest artists: musician Gonzalo Grau and dancer Yaelisa
*Garlochi means “heart” in Calo – the language of the gypsies