Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
TICKET PRICES : $10 Suggested Donation
VENUE: Great Lawn
RELATED EXHIBITION: Botanica Poetica: New Work by Lucas Artist Fellows
Gather together with artists from the Bay Area and beyond, as well as the general public, on Montalvo’s expansive green lawn while connecting with nature!
While en plein air has long been associated with the act of painting directly from nature, for Pop Up Plein Air: Art Escapists, professional and amateur artists alike are invited to explore and interpret the natural beauty around them in any media they wish – from painting and mixed media to musical composition and performance. Confirmed artists who will be joining us include: Modesto Covarrubias, Rodney Ewing, Fieldworks Collaborative (Trena Noval and Ann Wettrich), Dorothy Goode, Michael Hall, Adrienne Heloise, Shawn HibmaCronan, Sarah Hirneisen, Amy M Ho, Kija Lucas, Monica Lundy, Masako Miki, Hector Dionicio Mendoza, Laura Paulini, Chelsea Pegram, Megan Reed, Kate Rhoades, Matthew Rich, Chris Sicat and the Breakdown band, and Richard Speer.
Activities offered throughout the day:
- 11am-1pm: Colorfield Station: Fieldworks Collaborative lead a free participatory watercolor activity, matching colors found in the Montalvo landscape. Fun for all ages.
- 11:30am-1:30pm: Plein Air Primer: A workshop where you’ll learn new skills for art making in the great outdoors.
- 1:45-2:45pm: Montalvo Hike: Join Montalvo’s Head Gardener Ann Northrup and Fieldworks Collaborative for a free tour of Montalvo’s gardens and grounds, and engage with Fieldworks’ new participatory outdoor intervention, Curiosity Fieldstation.
- Visit Montalvo Arts Center’s latest exhibition Botanica Poetica: New Work by Lucas Artists Fellows in the Project Space Gallery (which opens September 25!)
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase—or bring a picnic!
For more information, call the Box Office at 408-961-5858 10am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Service fees may apply and are non-refundable.
Except during Presale dates, member discounts are only available through the Box Office. Box Office is open one hour prior to all show times.