THIS WEEK ONLY: Special pricing for Fine Arts Day Camp!
Non-Members :: Sign up and get a free annual Montalvo membership!
Members :: Sign up and get a $50 discount on the tuition price! It’s just our way of saying thanks for being a member.
Open for children ages 8 to 12 :: Young artists will be inspired as they express themselves through different art forms, make new friends and work with practicing artists in Montalvo’s very own artist studios!
- Days: August 3 - August 7, 2009
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Ages: 8 to 12
- Tuition: $400 per child
- Montalvo's Family Members and above are eligible for registration in this popular visual arts day camp. Space is limited!
Young Artists in Residence: Fine Arts Day Camp provides a safe and nurturing environment for kids of all talents and abilities to express themselves through art. Through visual, verbal, written and physical expression, Young Artists will grow as individuals and as a group in five short but significant days.
The week starts with up to 40 Young Artists gathered for a warm welcome, a fun icebreaker, and an introduction to the camp as a safe and comfortable place for creative self-expression.
- Drawing and contour drawing, negative/positive space
- Mapping and artist statement: annotated maps, cognitive maps, personal maps
- Bookmaking & artist journals
- Environmental art: Andy Goldsworthy
- Process art: edible sculptures
(Steven Siegel, 2002, on trail)
Enjoy Your Time (Connie Samaras, in Project Space)
Each day, Young Artists will participate in visual arts workshops promoting students’ individuality and allowing them to begin from their own skill level. Campers will work both individually and in groups, partnering with other students to explore drawing, painting and three-dimensional art including sculptural forms representative of themselves and their environment. Every workshop promotes conversation, reflection, and adventure on the beautiful grounds of Montalvo.
The week culminates on Friday afternoon with campers sharing their creations and experiences in an informal exhibit and reception for family and friends.