begin next week!
Spaces still available in some camps
Register your child today
If you've got kids in need of some summertime activities, look no further than Montalvo! We have a full schedule of Summer Camps in a wide range of topicssomething for every child.
Taught by top arts instructors from around the Bay Area, these camps encourage the creative process and give students an opportunity to explore, learn, and have funall surrounded by the beauty of Montalvo's grounds.
The first week-long sessions start next Monday, June 8, with space still available in Cultivating Creativity: Young Writers in the Garden (9am-12pm, ages 6 & up), Enchanted Forest (1-4pm, ages 6 & up), and Eco-Engineering: Come Build a Tree (9am-4pm, ages 8 & up).
And take a look at some of our other offerings throughout the summer:
- June 15-19, 9am-12pm, ages 9 & up: FortitudeBuild Your Own Fort
- June 15-19, 1-4pm, ages 9 & up: You Can Ukulele
- June 22-26, 9am-12pm, ages 8 & up: Thrones From an Enchanted Land
- June 22-26, 9am-12pm, ages 9 & up OR 1-4pm, ages 6 & up: Art From Around the World
- July 6-10, 9am-12pm, ages 8 & up OR 1-4pm, ages 6 & up: Kinetic SculptureBuild Your Own Big Top
- July 13-17, 9am-4pm, ages 8 & up: Zombie Shakespeare
- July 20-24, 9am-12pm, ages 9 & up: WoodworkingSculpting With Wood
- July 20-24, 1-4pm, ages 6 & up: Strokes of GeniusPainting Technique
- July 27-31, 9am-12pm, ages 8 & up OR 1-4pm, ages 6 & up: Sculpture 101Intro to 3D Art
- August 3-7, 9am-12pm, ages 8 & up OR 1-4pm, ages 6 & up: American Pop Star
- ...and many more! Click here for the full Summer Camp schedule.
June 4, 2015
Montalvo is a member-supported
dedicated to the arts.
|Get ready to
Rock the Garden
On Friday, July 24, from 6-10pm, join us for our annual art party, Rock the Gardena multidisciplinary public festival featuring art, music, and food under the stars!
This free event is your chance to meet and mingle with artists from our Lucas Artists Residency Program as they present innovative music, dance, and literary performances. Participating artists include Nikki Borodi, Dahlak Brathwaite, Joanna Haigood, Motoko Honda, Debby Kajiyama, Nehara Kalev, Hirokazu Kosaka, Jose Navarrete, Christine Wong Yap, Pamela Z, and others.
You'll also be able to explore Montalvos historic grounds, enjoy new and permanent art works, grab some beer or wine on the lawn, and enjoy dining options from gourmet food trucks.
While you're here, don't miss the stunning outdoor exhibition Metaphoric States: Five Bronze Works by Stephen De Staebler.
Can't make it to the event? No worries! You can participate remotely by enjoying a 24-hour blogathon on our residency blog. With submissions from alumni artists from more than a dozen international locations, posts will celebrate the creative practice in unexpected ways.
Click below to join our Facebook event and you'll get notifications of new posts throughout the day. Be sure to invite your friends!