- RESIDENCY DATES : Nov 29th 2012 to Dec 9th 2012 | Jan 16th 2013 to Jan 26th 2013 | Feb 3rd 2014 to Apr 30th 2014 | Aug 12th 2015 to Aug 31st 2015
- PRACTICE : Visual
- FROM : USA
Leah Rosenberg was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1979. She studied at New York Studio Program, Independent Studio, ACAID, New York, New York; received her BFA from the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design, Vancouver, British Columbia in 2003; and obtained her MFA at the California College of Art, San Francisco, California in 2008. She currently resides and works in San Francisco, California.
Spanning painting, sculpture, installation and pastry, Leah Rosenberg’s work explores how color, form, flavor and arrangements affect human emotion. Using a process of accrual and layers, Rosenberg’s works personify how our experiences and memories accumulate, creating a piece with a vivid variety of color and texture. Rosenberg moved to San Francisco from Canada to pursue her MFA at the California College of Art, where she wrote her thesis on the artistic possibilities of cake. Rosenberg worked as the lead pastry chef for the rooftop coffee bar at SFMOMA where she applied her love of art, artists and cake-making to dream up desserts celebrating the museum’s work. Recent exhibitions include Happiness Is... (Montalvo Arts Center, Saratoga), Pairings (Galleri Urbane, Dallas) and Bay Area Now 7 (Yerba Buena Center for the Arts).
- SHOWED FROM JANUARY 25, 2013 - MAY 31, 2013 | Happiness Is...
- SHOWED FROM JUNE 27, 2014 - OCTOBER 31, 2014 | Fun and Games
- SHOWED FROM JULY 18, 2014 - OCTOBER 5, 2014 | Finding Your Center
- SHOWED FROM FEBRUARY 27, 2015 - MAY 31, 2015 | Possibilities of Paper: Select Works by Lucas Artists Fellows (2005-2015)