- RESIDENCY DATES : Sep 1st 2006 to Oct 30th 2006 | Feb 27th 2017 to Mar 1st 2017 | Jun 10th 2017 to Jun 20th 2017
- PRACTICE : Sound/Visual Artist
- FROM : USA
Kitundu is a, sound/visual artist, graphic designer, composer and instrument builder. He uses an interdisciplinary approach to develop compositions-installations-instruments that blur the boundaries between media. He has constructed elemental turntables that rely on wood, water, fire and earthquakes for their power and pitch. Kitundu is the creator of a family of Phonoharps, beautifully crafted multi-stringed instruments made from record players. He strives to reconnect the technology of new music to fundamental principles drawn from the natural world.
Kitundu has an ongoing residency at the Exploratorium Museum of science, art and perception in San Francisco. He has recently been in residence at Eagle Rock School in Colorado, the Science Museum of Minnesota, and the Singapore Science Centre. Kitundu is also developing a Geologic Sound Casting project for volcanically active regions and was granted a five week artist residency at Skriduklaustur in Eastern Iceland in September 2004. He was raised in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- WED, JUN 14TH 2017, 7 P.M. | Dee Hibbert-Jones, Michael Mendoza, and Gregory Sale
- FRI, JUL 21ST 2017, 6 P.M. | Now Hear This!
- OPENING FRIDAY, JULY 21 | Now Hear This! An Exercise in Listening