Donald J. Stastny, of StastnyBrun Architects, Portland, Oregon, was the Invitational Process Advisor for the Lucas Artists Programs. His projects range in scope from the design of museums and interpretive centers to creating and coordinating design competitions, including those for the American Embassy in Berlin, ARTSPark in Los Angeles, as well as Montalvo’s. With the multiple functions inherent to The Commons, it was appropriate that Stastny chose visual artist/playwright Tad Savinar with whom to collaborate. Savinar is the recipient of numerous individual awards and commissions, including creating public artwork for San Jose’s downtown fire station. The Commons is a transition from the public side of Lucas Artists Programs to the private side of the Artist Residency. It is designed as a transitional architectural statement, a blending of old and new, relaying a message of historic continuity and contemporary community.
- FRI, MAR 31 2017, 7 P.M. | Cassils: 103 Shots
- SAT, APR 15 2017, 10 A.M. | Sudden Oak Death Blitz
- WED, JUN 14 2017, 7 P.M. | Dee Hibbert-Jones and Gregory Sale
- NOV 12 2016 | Sudden Oak Death Blitz
- NOV 22 2016 | Sandow Birk
- JAN 27 2017 | Christy Chan
- FEB 24 2017 | Margaret Laurena Kemp