Landscape Architect: Jeffrey Miller (San Francisco). Visual Artist: Amy Trachtenberg (San Francisco). See the artists' bios.
Montalvo Arts Center is pleased to welcome visitors to our Creekside Studios, a gateway to Montalvo’s 175-acre park and a place for our diverse audiences to meet, gather, reflect and engage with the rich ecology of the wild and cultivated landscapes on the property. The Creekside Studios are spaces for education classes and summer camps, areas for resident artists to engage with the public, and a place where art and ecology to come together for Montalvo’s community.
Designed specifically as an artmaking studio and education classroom in the woods, landscape architect Jeffrey Miller collaborated with visual artist Amy Trachtenberg to develop the first phase of the studios, which have revitalized and expanded two existing shed structures to establish the upper studio area. Handcrafted benches of wood and stone, stained concrete countertops and project worktables are surrounded by new native plantings.
Integrated into the site is an artwork, Counterpoint, by Amy Trachtenberg. Operating at the intersection of painting, sculpture and architecture, Trachtenberg created a series of patterned shed doors constructed from repurposed lumber and patchwork shade cloths to draw the visitor to the Creekside.
Phase One of the Creekside Studio was made possible through the generous support of the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, Susan and Bob Finocchio and an anonymous donor. Shadecloth fabrication by North Beach Marine Canvas - Liz Diaz, Master Fabric Craftsman.
- WENT FROM FROM MARCH 13 2017 - MARCH 13 2017 | Gelatin Prints: Andy Warhol
- WENT FROM FROM MARCH 20 2017 - MARCH 20 2017 | Grattage Technique: Paul Klee
- WENT FROM FROM MARCH 27 2017 - MARCH 27 2017 | Photo Transfer: Max Ernst
- WENT FROM FROM MAY 1 2017 - MAY 22 2017 | Wheel Form Ceramics
- BEGINNING TUE, JUNE 6 | Gelatin Prints
- BEGINNING TUE, JUNE 27 | Photo Transfer Collages
- BEGINNING TUE, JULY 11 | Pressed Flower Prints
- BEGINNING TUE, JULY 18 | ARTpocalypse Now!
- BEGINNING TUE, JULY 25 | Painted Greens with a Splash of Whites
- BEGINNING TUE, AUGUST 1 | Succulent Jewelry
- BEGINNING TUE, AUGUST 8 | Monoprinting with Paper-Cutouts
- BEGINNING TUE, AUGUST 29 | Scrape and Reveal Technique