Big things are happening at Montalvo Arts Center!
That’s true all year long, but it’s especially true in the spring: exciting programs are lined up, and beautiful flowers and wisteria are in beautiful bloom!
- All through 2015, we celebrate an important anniversary: we commemorate the inauguration of an artists residency at Montalvo 75 years ago and the 10-year jubilee of the Sally and Don Lucas Artists Program. We’ll celebrate with festivals, special alumni events, and by debuting…
- Our new monthly arts program: Open Access! Conceived as a bite-sized artistic sampler, Open Access is a unique opportunity for the public to go behind the scenes and connect with the artists of Montalvo’s LAP. Each event features a diverse slate of activities, including music and dance performances, gallery exhibition previews, readings, salon-style conversations, culinary presentations, hands-on art-making activities, and more!
- Our 2015 Summer Camps are on sale. Montalvo’s summer camps are truly unique in the Bay Area, and they are a central component of our arts education initiative. Taught by professional artists outdoors in the fresh air of our park-like grounds, each session encourages kids to flex their creative muscles and express themselves. And with sessions like Spy Camp, Circus Arts, Zombie Shakespeare, Treehouse-building, and Ukulele-playing, there’s something to make every camper happy!
- ArtSplash is coming up April 18. Now in its fifth year, this fun, free, and family-friendly festival is an invitation for guests to explore and sample Montalvo’s offerings. With live musical performances, hands-on art making activities, tours of the historic Villa and gardens, visual arts throughout the property, and open studios at Montalvo’s Lucas Artists Residency, it’s a celebration not to be missed. Bring your walking shoes and plan to spend the day.
- Be sure to mark Wednesday, May 21 on your calendars: it’s the date we’ll be holding our Carriage House Concert Series Announcement Party. A fun cocktail hour on the Villa veranda, guests will be the very first to learn the line-up for the 2015-16 concert season. And if you’re a member, that evening will be your first opportunity to buy tickets for those shows—a whole week ahead of the public. Considering how quickly concerts sold out last season, that’s quite a perk!
With all of the programs listed above and more, there are so many opportunities at Montalvo for guests of all ages and from all walks of life to engage in the creative process.
So this season, please, come often, come soon, to Montalvo. Every day, in every way, there is beauty, serenity, and inspiration waiting here for you.
See you at the Villa!